In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. Joblist take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Finance and Operations Director
Pact is recruiting for a Finance and Operations Director for a one-year project based in Pretoria, South Africa - New Partnership Initiative (NPI) – Global Health, COVID-19 program, which will support interventions that will build upon and expand USAID’s efforts to leverage the roles of communities to strengthen and adapt existing community health platforms to support national policies and implementation plans for COVID-19 preparedness and response (non-pharmaceutical interventions) and continuity of existing primary healthcare services based on national guidelines and needs/priorities to create lasting structures for future response.
The Finance and Operations Director will provide day-to-day administrative and operational support for the overall program with an eye towards human resources, knowledge management, finance, compliance, transparency, and accountability. S/he will provide strategic planning leadership to operationalize the program and support start-up and close-down. S/he will track the budget to ensure that spending is in-line with projections and the workplan. S/he will ensure that technical targets are in line with the available budget. This position is contingent upon award.
- Work closely with country-based programs to ensure that they align with the technical requirements and expectations of the overall program.
- Manage program’s day-to-day operations including administration, human resources, logistics, budgeting, financial accounting, and compliance with an eye towards maximum efficiency.
- Oversee management of sub-contracts and Grants under Contracts (GUCs).
- Ensure funds expended are compliant with US government regulations and policies.
- Implement fraud mitigation practices and ensure systems and processes are implemented effectively to support implementation of the award, which may be a contract or a cooperative agreement.
- Initiate, develop, maintain, and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of the finance and compliance program and its related activities and to promote cost efficiency and compliance with all rules and regulations.
- Identify potential areas of financial and compliance vulnerability and risk and develop or implement corrective action plans to resolve problematic issues.
- Ensure proper financial documentation and reporting, establish and provide direction and management of project funds.
- Lead and oversee the development, management and complete life cycle of a variety of possible procurement mechanisms, including but not limited to purchase orders, sub-contracts, and/or GUCs.
- Manage the contract budget, tracking project spending and preparing financial reports for submission to USAID.
- Develop, implement, and adjust when required the project's safety and security strategy and protocols, and serves as the point of contact for the person in charge of security at USAID for any issue related to security reports and procedures.
- S/he will mentor, train, and supervise finance, operations, and other staff engaged in the activities noted here.
- Contribute to project planning (i.e., development of work plans and operating budget).
- Thoughtfully contribute to all project reporting and external communications.
- Ensure that program meets financial targets and makes accurate projections.
- Work closely with the Program Director to collaborate with and report to USAID.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE